Tuesday, March 19, 2019

MidAmerican Wind Property Tax Update


As I have mentioned before, the state auditors office called , telling me the office was looking into many MidAmerican tax issues that I've posted about. When visiting the auditors web site to contact them for an update, I noticed the following:


 I seems to me that the tax discrepancies I've been posting probably fall into the categories that require public officials to report them to the auditors office. Now, I'll bet that many of the public officials I've notified about these items I've found with MEC tax filings didn't know of this requirement. I certainly didn't. Someone contacted the state treasurers office about my property tax posts.  The Treasurers office did refer it to the auditors office. I wonder how many public officials I've contacted about this actually let the auditor know there were potential issues. Especially the Department of revenue, who told me "they were not going to devote resources to this". Surely they would notify the auditor if they were not going to review the issues I sent them. Bleedingheartland noted that there appears to be some turmoil at DOR. I wonder if the staff members on phone call when I was chewed out are still there.

 You can review the many MEC tax discrepancies I've identified here. Many of the public officials I've notified about this are listed there. Look for a more complete list as I review my email history. It wouldn't be much of a list though, if the first public official I contacted about this had called the auditors office.

Another example of MidAmerican having too much influence on state and local officials? I'm thinking that's possible...       


here

No comments:

Post a Comment