Sunday, December 9, 2018

MidAmerican wind property tax


I do have a lot of correspondence on this issue.  I thought I would share some of it.
Here, in 2013 , a couple board members at the Iowa Wind Energy Association seem skeptical that MEC was installing wind turbines for the cost I listed in this post at bleedingheartland. 
And, if you check my 2014 post, where IWEA discusses installed wind turbine costs, they are higher than MEC was reporting to assessors in 2013 and before. So, MEC is somehow installing turbines at a lower cost than industry numbers reported by the American wind energy association in that time frame ?  
In his comment at the end of the  bleedingheartland post,  IWEA board member Mike Carberry even called it a "financial malfeasance" while wondering if the Des Moines Register would be interested .  So far, the Register is not.
Link to the bleedingheartland post. 




Here's an email discussion with Senator Joe Bolkcom a few months back. I'll post some excerpts. I've known Joe for several years. He seems like a good guy who represents his constituents well. I reached out to him because quotes he made in the media concerning Iowa's budget issues.
 Senate Dems were first made aware of this issue when Daryl Beall scheduled a meeting with the DOR property tax department and sent a senate staff person in 2014. Mike Granstal's office was informed also,  but I would be happy to meet with them to go over more recent information that I've found. Plus, if people haven't dealt with an issue before, they'll need to learn about it. That's why all those lobbyists hang out at the capital after all :) .    Also , yes, my writing skills are not great, and I don't think I always explain this issue well to folks dealing with it for the 1st time.







Really ? Contact the Register? My thinking is any elected official concerned  about the budget might want to be involved when someone sends information about discrepancies with $$$ amounts this size, but I did contact Lee Rood as he suggested.  Also, I did send some of this information to another  DMreg writer a while back, Donelle Eller if memory serves.

  


Didn't hear anything more from these folks. I did remind Senator Bolkcom about this when I received a Dem email later on fretting over the condition of the states budget, so I've probably annoyed him. Still, I'll gladly meet with senate staff and go over the issue. They will likely be able to obtain documents I've had a hard time getting so far.  I'd simply like to hear someone explain why the discrepancies I've identified are occurring .


here



No comments:

Post a Comment